When it comes to promotional products and your return on investment, tote bags are always worth investing in! Tote bags make an exceptional promotional product. These bags are excellent to have on hand for trade shows or marketing purposes, or for sale in a retail and grocery stores. By adding your logo or a custom design/message to the bags, you now have a uniquely branded promotional item that will reach more eyes than just the recipient’s.
As many of us take steps to “go green”, we regularly use reusable tote bags when grocery shopping, at the farmer’s market, at school/work, or for general everyday use. This has got a lot of people wondering, where can I buy custom promotional bags?
There are a variety of ways in which you can purchase custom promotional bags, including:
Direct From a Manufacturer
Domestic (USA) Manufacturers
If you live in the United States, buying American made products matter. As a Made in USA business, Enviro-Tote® can personally attest to the fact that these products are held to higher standards when it comes to safety regulations and American consumer protection laws. The result is a top-quality item, which means better durability as well. Key takeaways to purchasing direct from USA manufacturers includes:
- Supports the local economy
- Personalized service
- Quality products
- Faster shipping times
- Minimum age and wage requirements
- Keeps jobs in the United States
You can also find branded promotional tote bags from foreign manufacturers. Since the manufacturer may not be one that you are familiar with, there are a couple of things to be mindful of when selecting who you will give your business to:
- Read company reviews. As mentioned above, you may not be familiar with this manufacturer. However, chances are good that many others have utilized them for promotional tote bags. By reading the reviews it can give insight on the company, the ease of working with that manufacturer, and much more!
- Read product reviews. Typically, product reviews are submitted shortly after the item is received and used by the consumer. However, it is also important that you look for reviews of the product well after the tote bags have been used at a marketing event. For example, how well has the product stood up against regular use? Is all the stitching still intact after regular wear? Has the material held up as well as promoted? What about after the tote bag was washed?
- Understand shipping time. When purchasing products internationally, there can be a delay in shipping times due to the customs and import process. To ensure that you are going to receive the promotional tote bags prior to when you need them, check first on the shipping lead time. This can save you a whole bunch of headaches down the road! Especially if you have to pay 100% of the order prior to delivery.
From a Distributor
When working in the world of promotional products, many choose to work directly with a distributor. This individual will work with your business to develop ideas on various promotional products that will meet the needs of a specific promotional campaign or your general marketing efforts.
A distributor will work directly with the suppliers. Think of them as the middleman who handles all the minor (and major, too!) details that you may not necessarily want to or know how to deal with. Two of the major advantages to working with a distributor include the potential for lower product costs and the potential to purchase the promotional tote bags in smaller quantities. Plus, more than likely the distributor will be able to assist you with your tote bags, and any of the other promotional marketing materials that you may need for your business. Making it a one stop shop.
From a Local Screen Printer
When you think of screen printing I bet you think of t-shirts. But many screen printing companies do so much more than that! On top of traditional apparel such as shirts and sweatshirts, screen printers may also provide screen printing for tote bags, along with various other types of bags and accessories. Screen printing is ideal for those who are ordering in large quantities and are purchasing promotional tote bags on a budget. Some of the screen printing companies also offer embroidery if you are looking for a more high-end, long-lasting look. Some important things to consider as you choose a local screen printer to work with:
- Can they manage large orders?
- How are the reviews for this company?
- Do they offer quality products?
- Do they use professional printing equipment?
- Can they accommodate rush orders?
- What other printing options or techniques do they offer?
We all want to support local businesses. Check with friends, family, and co-workers to see if they can recommend any local screen printing companies that they have personally worked with. Chances are good there is probably one either in your Town/City or very close nearby!
Over the past couple of years, both Domestic and Foreign Manufacturers have begun listing their promotional products for sale on the Amazon marketplace. Let us look at a couple of numbers quick to get a better perspective on Amazon’s reach in the promotional product industry:
- It is estimated that over 100 million Americans have an Amazon Prime membership. If you break that down even further that is roughly 1 in every 3 Americans that has an Amazon Prime membership. You have got to love that 2-day shipping!
- In the United States alone, between Amazon’s personal inventory and the Marketplace sellers, Amazon holds about 45% of the U.S. ecommerce market. This equates to about 350 million items, which is substantial. (source: Yahoo Finance)
With those numbers in mind, it makes sense that a lot of manufacturers, distributors, and independent shop owners have begun utilizing Amazon. The best part being that you can quickly review the product description, production questions and answers, and product reviews. This is helpful in order to better gauge the quality and look of the item you are purchasing. Be mindful of the anticipated shipping times! It would be very rare to find a customized promotional tote bag that arrives to you within the 2-day prime shipping window.
Choosing Who to Work With
When decided on a promotional tote bag company to work with, you should not necessarily choose the one that is least expensive. Make sure that you choose a producer that offers quality products and will bring value to your brand. Afterall, the whole purpose of investing in promotional tote bags is that they will provide a unique branding opportunity for your business!
Need assistance figuring out which custom promotional bags meet your marketing needs? Reach out to our Sales Representatives. Our knowledgeable team would be happy to answer your questions and help match you to the right product that meets your needs!