Enviro-Tote was formed in 1990 with a plan to replace the amount of paper and plastic bags being used in college bookstores. Now fast forward to 2020 and we are celebrating our 30th year in business. Although we have grown over time and added additional materials to our line, our mission has remained the same; to provide you with a quality reusable and environmentally friendly tote bag that will withstand years of wear and tear.
One thing you may not know about us is that Enviro-Tote is a Made in America company. This means that all our bags are cut, printed, and stitched in New Hampshire. In addition, many of our materials are domestically sourced. As a company, Enviro-Tote takes great pride in our tote bags being Made in the USA.
Enviro-Tote is working hard behind the scenes every day to do our part in helping the environment. Here are a few examples of our efforts –
- Tote Bag Materials
- The Bottle Bag ™ is made from 100% recycled PET (the plastic bottles that we recycle everyday)! The Bottle Bag ™ fabrics provide comfort, ease of care, durability, softness, a rich-looking appearance, and helps preserve the Earth.
- Recycled Cotton Canvas fabric is made from a 65% blend of cotton yarn produced from the excess fabric of newly made clothing and 35% Bottle Bag material. This unique manufacturing process saves land, energy, and water!
- Reducing Material Waste
- Our standard bag sizes are waste-free! Each of Enviro-Tote’s bag sizes are precisely made, measured, and cut in such a way that it generates no material waste. We even ship customers any extra totes made in the process of their custom order.
- FUZE Anti-Microbial Fabric Treatment
- Enviro-Tote is working with FUZE Biotech to incorporate a safe and sustainable way to keep our products free of harmful pathogens. This treatment is applied to our tote bag material, which means you do not need to wash your bags as frequently, resulting in less water usage.
Earth Day 2020
With today being the 50th Anniversary celebrating Earth Day, it seems only appropriate that we discuss with you some simple ways in which we can help the Earth. Reducing our dependency on plastic has a huge benefit on the world around us and is easier to incorporate into your everyday life than you might think! Here are some simple ways to reduce your plastic usage:
- Reusable tote bags for shopping
- Using reusable lunch bags instead of plastic bags
- Skip the straw and plasticware from restaurants, if possible
- Reusable water bottles and coffee mugs
Although the current climate may require that we all social distance, it does not mean that we cannot still make a difference! Visit earthday.org today as they go digital for this year’s Earth Day Celebration, with livestreamed discussions happening across the globe for the next 24 hours.