Los Angeles, California
Years in Business
About Folia Collective
Folia is an indoor plant boutique and plant styling studio. They connect people with healthy and beautiful houseplants, planters, and more; and empower them to care for their plants and watch them thrive.
Tote Bag Details
Market Tote in Recycled Cotton.
Customers of Folia Collective are able to show off that they visited the place of wonder and joy that Folia Collective brings. This uniquely designed bag is a true memory of the experience the client had with the plant lifestyle, custom designed plants, and so much more! With the big, bold, stylistic artwork used on the totes, it compliments the feeling of empowerment that the owner desires for her clients.
What are the bags being used for?
These totes are part of Folia’s branded product line. Customers use them for anything! From taking their plants home, to groceries, and more. Most of the Folia team also uses one as a work bag. For carrying all of their daily necessities such as laptops, files, lunches, etc.
Fun Fact from Folia’s Owner
This is actually the second business that I’ve used Enviro-Tote tote bags for. The market tote is such a great size, with the nice wide gusset, and so sturdy. In my opinion, it is the best tote on the market!
Refresh Your Office Space
Are you looking to refresh your office space? Whether you work from a home office or a business location, it is always exciting to make your space uniquely you. Especially with how much time we tend to spend behind a desk. As a result, you might like to add some color to your office space or revamp your organization. Maybe you are even looking to bring a touch of the outdoors indoors.
We are going to focus on the benefits of bringing the outdoors indoors and the advantages of adding plants in your office. There have been numerous scientific studies over the years that have shown the positive effects adding indoor plants can do for you. What type of benefits result in “going green” in your workspace. Here are just a few of the major benefits:
- Increase in Productivity: A study at the University of Exeter, which was performed over a 10 year period, shows that employees were 15% more productive when ‘lean’ workplaces were filled with just a few houseplants. They believe this is because employees who actively engage with their surroundings are better workers.
- Help in Reducing Stress: According to another study performed at an electric company in Japan, a significant reduction in stress and anxiety among workers was found when plants were introduced to their workspace. Participants were instructed to water and stare at their office plant for a 3-minute period whenever they felt fatigued. This resulted in a 27% decrease in the participants resting heart rate.
- Boosts Creativity: In a study conducted by Texas A&M University, it was shown that plants can boost creativity by 15% or more within the workplace. One theory on why this was the case has to do with color association. The color green has been found to be associated with productivity, creativity, and action.
Plants that Thrive Indoors
Now that we know some of the major benefits to adding indoor plants to refresh your office space, we want to also provide you with a sampling of plants that thrive best in an indoor setting.
- Spider Plant: The spider plant thrives best in a partial light and heavily shaded area. These plants require water every 1-2 days. Known for being extremely low maintenance, the spider plant is also a natural way to remove pollutants from the air you breathe.
- Ivy: There are several varieties of ivy houseplants that you can choose from. English Ivy specifically is known for the ability to help filter airborne toxins within your home. Ivy plants thrive in a setting with bright light. They also prefer to be kept on the slightly dry side, which means you do not need to water them every day.
- Pothos: If you are looking for a plant that requires very little sunlight and only needs to be watered when the soil begins to dry out, pothos will be a great plant for your office space! These plants are probably one of the more popular office plants available. They are aesthetically pleasing, grow extremely quickly, and do not require much attention in order to survive.
- Snake Plant: These plants can go multiple days without being watered and love to grow at room temperature. The snake plant releases oxygen, while filtering out toxic substances such as formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, and more. They can survive almost any environment, proving to be a hard plant to kill.
- Aloe: An aloe plant is best suited in an area of your office that will allow for multiple hours of sunlight throughout the day. This plant provides numerous benefits. They purify the air that you breathe, but aloe plants also produce aloe gel. This is great for moisturizing dry hands, killing bacteria, treating sunburns and cuts, and reducing itching from bug bites. On top of all that, they only require water about once every three weeks!
We would love to know what you have done to refresh your office space! Whether it was with indoor plants, a new paint color, fun artwork, or something else entirely. Let us know in the comments!
If you are considering introducing a sustainable tote bag option to your customers, let’s connect! Our Sales Team is available to answer any questions you may have and assist you in preparing your tote bag design for production!