Since 2012, Manufacturing has been celebrated all over America on Manufacturing Day, the first Friday in October. This year it is on Friday October 6.
Enviro-Tote, Inc is proud of our talented workforce and the wonderful hand-made products that we are able to produce. In honor of Manufacturing Day, here are five amazing Facts about American Manufacturing collected from the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM):
1. Manufacturing accounts for 9% of the American workforce—that’s nearly 12.3 million workers!
2. Like Enviro-Tote, Inc., most manufacturing facilities have fewer than 500 employees.
3. The returns on investing in manufacturing are huge! Manufacturing has the highest multiplier effect of any economic sector—for example, every $1.00 spent, $1.81 is added back to the economy, and 1 employee hired in manufacturer creates 4 employees elsewhere.
4. In 2016, manufacturing accounted for 11.7 percent of America’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and contributed 2.18 trillion to the economy. Wow!
5. In the next 10 years, it is estimated that nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will be needed.
Want more facts? Read here: http://www.nam.org/Newsroom/Top-20-Facts-About-Manufacturing/
As you can see, manufacturing is a key part of the U.S. Economy! The next time you buy, buy American to contribute to the current economy and America’s future workforce.
Meagan Shackelford, Customer Service