- Recycle | This one’s a given! Designate a bin in your home or office for items that can be recycled, such as plastic bottles, glass, and paper products. Every bit counts!
- Reusable Grocery Bags | Taking your own grocery bags to the store not only eliminates wasteful single-use bags, it also saves you time with less bags to carry! For a full week of groceries, you only need a few totes to take with you!
- Plant Trees | Planting trees is mutually beneficial as it’s good for air quality and overall landscape appearance! Try planting flowers, vegetables, fruits, and herbs too and save money on food you consume every week.
- Reuse Scrap Paper | Using the unprinted side for scrap paper is simple and effective. We have notepads made out of our recycled paper here!
- Turn Off Lights and Unplug! | Save on energy consumption by turning off lights when you’re not using them or unplugging appliances that you don’t use every day. Oh, and you’ll love the way your energy bill looks each month, too!
- Donate Items | Instead of throwing away items or clothing you no longer want, bring them to your closest donation bins. These items help those who are less fortunate and eliminate waste.
- Change the Way You Get Hydrated | Drinking from the tap and using reusable containers is way to eliminate the need of single-use plastic water bottles. If you have a reusable plastic water bottle, you can still cut your impact on the environment by using it over and over again!
“Going Green” starts in small, simple ways. How do you live sustainably? Comment below with more ways to go green!
Meagan Shackelford, Customer Service